Winter 2021 Parent Meeting & FAQ
Cardigan hosted a parent meeting on December 29, 2020 to discuss the procedure for returning to campus from Winter Break and the schedule and calendar for the remainder of the 2020-21 Academic Year. A recording of the meeting, the slide presentation, and frequently asked questions (FAQ) are below. We will add to or amend this page as more details are confirmed.
- What will grades/comments/transcripts look like this year?
- When should we plan to check-in with teachers and advisors about my student’s progress this winter and spring?
- Do you feel you have enough academic time to accomplish curricular goals before the end of the year, given remote learning work and the new schedule?
- We were planning for our son to arrive in the assigned time window, but his original flight was cancelled and the remaining options arrive outside of his assigned day & time. What do we do?
- How will family/parent visits work under the Winter/Spring calendar/schedule?
- What is Cardigan's position on 9th graders leaving campus in order to visit secondary schools (assuming the schools would allow for on-campus visits)?
- When is Commencement?
- When can my grade 6-8 son depart campus in the spring?
- What happens if we can’t get PCR test results back before we plan to arrive on campus?
- Will the grade 9 dorm leaders that are in grade 7 dorms finish their quarantine on January 14 along with everyone else?
- Are the dormitories ventilated? How many times a day do washrooms and door handles have to be cleaned?
- What are you doing in terms of promoting indoor air quality?
- Are you considering expanding the use of masks, both during the initial quarantine period and during the remainder of the school year?
- What is Cardigan’s position on vaccination? Will my student need to get vaccinated?
- What’s happening around testing?