Fall Family Weekend
Welcome to Fall Family Weekend 2021! We are so excited to welcome our families to The Point!
Friday, October 22:
- 1:30 p.m. - Families are invited to arrive on campus. Please check-in under the tent on the front quad.
- 1:30 - 5:00 p.m. - Refreshments available under the tent
- 1:30 - 4:00 p.m. - Business Office open
- 2:00 - 5:00 p.m. - School Store open
- 2:00 - 4:00 p.m. - Families are welcome to attend sports practices
- 4:00 - 6:00 p.m. - In-person advisor conferences available*
- 4:00 - 6:00 p.m. - New England Oktoberfest Events (under the tent)
- 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. - Family Dinner (under the tent)
*Your student's advisor will reach out to schedule a family conference. Zoom conferences are available for families unable to visit campus.
Saturday, October 23:
- 8:00 - 8:30 a.m. Coffee, Tea, and Pastries (under the tent for parents; all students will need to eat breakfast in the dining hall.)
- 8:30 - 9:30 a.m. - Family Weekend Show & Annual Auction livestream broadcast. Families are invited to watch on campus under the tent or remotely on your computer.
- 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. In-person family meetings are available
- 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. - Refreshments are available under the tent
- 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. - Family Lunch (under the tent)
- 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. - School store open
- 10:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. - Athletic events**
- 10:30 a.m. Mountain Biking Demo Ride
- 10:30 a.m. Cross Country Family Fun Run
- 10:30 a.m. Sailing Intrasquad Race
- 10:30 a.m. Rock Climbing Demo
- 10:30 a.m. NEW TIME - Thirds Soccer, Fourths Soccer
- 11:00 a.m. JV Football
- 1:00 p.m. Varsity Football, JV Soccer
- 2:00 p.m. Varsity Soccer
**Game times subject to change, stay tuned to website and announcements.
Students may depart after their last athletic commitment. Please remember to check out with your student’s dorm parent (or AOD) before departing campus and complete the Travel Form.
Fall Family Weekend Health & Safety Protocols:
- All adult visitors must be fully vaccinated.
- Masks are required for everyone indoors.
- Unvaccinated siblings under the age of 12 should wear a mask at all times.
- Dorms are off bounds to all guests regardless of vaccination status.
- Once you have departed campus with your student, your student has begun his long weekend and should not return to campus until the end of break (October 27 for grades 6-8 and October 29 for grade 9).
- In order to make this event as safe and inclusive as possible, we will arrange all meals and activities (aside from advisor conferences) outdoors.
Fall Term Long Weekend
Students may depart campus for Fall Term Long Weekend following their athletic commitment on Saturday, October 23. We encourage families to take their students off campus for the weekend, but given the ongoing risks inherent to public travel and our need to protect our community and program, we ask families to make long weekend plans that do not require students to use public transportation (planes, trains, busses, etc.) Further, we know that many students will not be able to go off-campus because of travel restrictions still in place. Supervision, food, and activities will be available for all students unable to travel. Please complete the Travel Form