- Can I return to my dorm to collect personal belongings?
- What do I do about my child's prescription medication?
- What do I do if I have a problem with my school laptop?
- What do I do if I don't have high-speed Internet at my current location?
- What do I do if my laptop needs repair?
- What if I want to use another computer instead of my laptop?
- What sources of information is the school monitoring as this situation unfolds?
- Does Cardigan have any confirmed cases of COVID-19?
- What are common symptoms of COVID-19? (from CDC.gov)
- What are the best preventative measures I can take for COVID-19 and the flu? (from CDC.gov)
Dear Summer Session families,
We at Cardigan Mountain School are carefully monitoring the dynamic and accelerating situation around COVID-19, and are working to develop plans for both our academic year and summer session programs.
In all of our work, we are carefully balancing a number of factors: the safety and health of our community, the integrity of our program, and the increasingly challenging logistics of traveling to and from Cardigan Mountain School.
Given the rapidly evolving nature of this event, we have not yet made any significant decisions regarding Cardigan Summer Session 2020 and we plan to open on schedule on June 27. Fortunately, Summer Session does not open for another three and a half months, so time is on our side. We will continue to monitor events carefully over the next several weeks and update you as needed.
Thank you for your patience and support. We continue to look forward to a great summer together here on The Point.
Cynthia Day P'12,'13
Acting Director of Summer Session
Incoming Director of Summer Session