Academic Year Calendar
This updated 2020-2021 Academic Year Calendar balances a number of different considerations, including meeting state requirements for instructional days, minimizing risk by limiting travel, and building in flexibility to deal with potential unforeseen challenges. More details will be forthcoming as we continue to monitor and follow the health and safety guidelines of our local, state, and national health organizations.
- Friday, August 21: All day student registration
- Monday, August 24: 9th grade boarding student registration
- Tuesday, August 25: 8th grade boarding student registration (group 1)
- Wednesday, August 26: 8th grade boarding student registration (group 2)
- Thursday, August 27: 6th & 7th grade boarding student registration
- Sunday, November 15: Thanksgiving/Winter Vacation begins at 6:00 a.m. Over this extended break, we plan to include a period of distance learning. Details will be given as we get closer to this break. The long break will run from November 15, 2020 to January 3, 2021. We will have a staggered return to campus in January, similar to the start of the school year, if necessary. The Cardigan Mountain School campus will be open over this break for any international students who do not return home.
- Monday, January 4: Thanksgiving/Winter Vacation ends at 9:00 p.m.
- Saturday, March 6: Spring Vacation begins at 6:00 a.m.
- Sunday, March 28: Spring Vacation ends at 9:00 p.m. We will have a staggered return to campus after spring vacation (if needed), similar to the start of the school year.
- Friday, April 30: Spring Family Weekend begins at 7:45 a.m.
- Sunday, May 30: Commencement
Transportation to and from Boston Logan International Airport will be provided for students for all of the arrival and departure dates.