Since fielding our first team in 1966, Cardigan Mountain School has become the premier program for middle school players to develop their skills and learn to play the game at the most competitive levels.
Many of our players matriculate to the finest secondary schools in the country, and dozens of Cardigan have enjoyed successful college careers. We understand that athletics can play a key role in the development of a boy’s character, and we remain committed to our student-athletes, both in the classroom and on the field. We have four lacrosse teams, each with a dedicated and experienced coaching staff. There is place for every boy to play in an environment that fosters skill development, understanding of team concepts, and sportsmanship.
Johnson-Wakely Fitness Center
Built in 2013, the beautiful Johnson-Wakely Fitness Center is a modern athletic training facility featuring the latest technology in fitness equipment, cardiovascular training equipment, and free weights.
Cardigan student-athletes benefit from:
- A community of students, faculty, and staff who care about, help, and support each other with understanding, kindness, and compassion.
- A learning environment that will challenge you as a learner and at the same time provide the academic support you need to help you achieve success.
- A residential environment that will allow you to grow as an individual and become an integral member of a very special community.
- A high-quality, very competitive, highly successful Junior Prep lacrosse program and schedule.
- A talented and experienced coaching staff that will help you develop and achieve your goals as a lacrosse player.
- The opportunity to participate in a week of preseason training and games in Florida.
One of things we know is that middle school boys need to be active, so part of their education is athletic education. A lot of the boys come with a sport of hockey or lacrosse or skiing that they feel is an important part of their identity. We want to honor that, and we want to do it the right way.
Head of School Christopher Day P'12,'13