Ski Program Open House
All prospective families interested in Cardigan's USSA Ski Program or Summer 2021 Summer Ski Camp are invited to join our Director of Skiing Julia Ford and members of our Admissions Team for an open house to be conducted via Zoom.
- Date: Wednesday, May 5, 2021
- Time: 7:00 p.m. Eastern U.S. Time
- Duration: Approximately one hour
- Format: Director of Skiing Julia Ford and Head Coach Travis Nevins will be joined by members of Cardigan's Admissions Team and will present a short slide presentation on Cardigan's academic, athletic, and residential life programs, to be followed by a discussion and question and answer session.
How to register: Please submit the brief registration form to the right and we will send you the Zoom link and passcode for the meeting.
We hope to see you there! Please submit this registration form if you would like to join us for this Open House.
2021 Mt. Hood Camp
An excellent camp and training experience! We will challenge the athletes to think about their skiing and work on their individual needs while understanding and honing their strengths. Early mornings of skiing with afternoons of dryland, mental workshops, and exploration of the surrounding Oregon area add up to a really unique experience in this classic summer ski racing location.
- Mt. Hood, OR
- July 19-27, 2021
- U12-16 boys and girls
- SL & GS training
- 7 days of skiing (weather permitting)
- Julia Ford: 2014 Olympian, 10 year member of the U.S. Ski Team, Director of Alpine Skiing at Cardigan.
- Travis Nevins: Collegiate All American, 9 years of experience coaching, Head Coach at Cardigan.
- 5:1 Athlete to Coach ratio.
- The cost of camp is $2400.
- Airfare is the responsibility of the athlete. Our coaches will coordinate pick-up and drop-off from the airport in Portland.
Director of Alpine Skiing
Ms. Ford is a former member of the U.S. Ski Team, with whom she competed in 40 F.I.S. World Cup races and the 2014 Olympic Winter Games in Sochi, Russia. She is a two- time U.S. National Downhill Champion. Before joining the U.S. Ski Team, she was a multi-sport athlete at Holderness School.
Mr. Nevins has been coaching at Cardigan for ten years. A lifelong skier and cyclist, he is a former collegiate All-American in skiing and was a member of a national championship team. Mr. Nevins is also the Program Director and Head Coach for Cardigan's Mountain Biking Program.
Founded in 1945, Cardigan Mountain School is located in beautiful Canaan, New Hampshire, not far from Dartmouth College. We are approximately a two-hour drive north of Boston and four-hour drive north of New York City.