How to Apply
The Cardigan Admissions Committee reviews applications on a “rolling admissions” basis. Decisions are based upon previous school records, the student’s application, teacher recommendations, aptitude testing, and a required interview.
**Please note that as of February 7, 2023, we are no longer accepting day student applications for the 2023-24 academic year.**
The first step is to submit our online inquiry form. The information you provide will enable us to send you a personalized information packet.
Please contact us at 603.523.3548 or email@example.com to arrange a time to visit Cardigan. We accept appointments year-round. A visit will provide you with a chance to tour our campus and meet with a member of our admissions team. We also have a page dedicated to helping you plan a visit, including local lodging and restaurants.
Schedule a Visit Helpful information
Next, please submit all of the application forms, along with the required application fee. ($50.00 for domestic applicants and $125.00 for international applicants).
If you plan to apply through our Veracross Admissions Portal, please pay the application fee using the button below. If you are using an online application form (through Gateway to Prep Schools or Standard Application Online) you will pay the application fee as part of that process.
If you’re ready to start the application process, please use our online application within the Veracross Admissions Portal. (If you have not yet submitted our Inquiry Form, please do so now as you will create a login to the Admissions Portal as part of that process.) It’s super easy, and once you create a profile, you can complete the forms at your own pace. Just log in and pick up where you left off!
*International applicants should submit a complete application before December 15, 2022.
Financial Aid Timeline
If you are planning to apply for financial aid, please note we will need all financial aid forms submitted by February 3.
A complete application includes the following:
- Interview with a Cardigan Admissions Officer. Interviews are normally conducted on campus. If a family is unable to travel to campus, we can also schedule a Skype interview.
- Application Form
- Records Release Form: Please sign and submit this form to your child’s headmaster, principal, or guidance counselor and ask that the necessary records be sent to Cardigan including a current year grade report.
- Administrative Recommendation: When asking the school for records, please ask the headmaster, principal, or guidance counselor, or a person in a similar position who knows your child well, to submit this evaluation. An official transcript should accompany this form.
- Teacher Recommendations: We would like to have recommendations from your child’s teachers of English and mathematics. Please ask them to mail the forms to Cardigan in the envelopes provided. You may wish to affix the necessary postage for their convenience.
- Parent/Guardian Statement
- Student Statement
- Applicants are encouraged to submit recent standardized testing scores from within the last 12 months. We prefer the Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT). We will also accept the Independent School Entrance Examination (ISEE), the TOEFL Jr., or the WISC-IV. International students may also take the Duolingo English Proficiency Test for their standardized testing requirement. We must receive an official score report. Cardigan Mountain School’s school code is 2080.
- Information regarding the SSAT can be found at: www.ssat.org
- Information regarding the ISEE can be found at: www.erblearn.org
- Information regarding the TOEFL Jr., can be found at: www.ets.org/toefl_junior
- For information about the WISC-IV, please contact a licensed psychologist.
- Information regarding the Duolingo English Proficiency Test can be found at: https://englishtest.duolingo.com
Cardigan Mountain School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, handicap, sexual orientation, or national origin in the administration of its educational policies or any other program governed by the School.