Online Commenting Policy
At Cardigan Mountain School, we teach respect for all individuals and embrace an appreciation for diverse perspectives. Consistent with our physical campus, we are committed to creating an online environment that supports open conversation and intellectual debate.
We strive for a community in which the civil and respectful expression of personal opinions and viewpoints is encouraged. Toward that end, we have created the Cardigan Mountain School Online Commenting Policy. This policy applies to all official School websites, social media network (such as Facebook, YouTube, etc.), blog, or any online presence with the ability to comment and is in official use by the School.
In keeping with our Mission and Core Values, Cardigan asks all commenters to engage in discussion with integrity and consideration for others. Cardigan is not obligated to post any comment and reserves the right to review, edit, or withhold any comment that:
- Is made anonymously or under a pseudonym.
- Is defamatory or obscene, causes panic, uses fighting or threatening words, or incites crime.
- Is off topic or irrelevant to the subject under discussion.
- Violates copyright.
- Is spam or has a commercial purpose.
- Demeans or harasses another individual or institution.
- Otherwise violates Cardigan’s Mission and Core Values.
All comments are the responsibility of the user. By submitting a comment, you agree to hold Cardigan Mountain School harmless against any damages relating to your comment. Furthermore, Cardigan reserves the right to block or ban users who repeatedly violate this policy.