75th Celebration Program of Events
We loved seeing you on October 22, 2022! The events and activities that took place during our anniversary celebrations are outlined below.
All Around The Point
Registration & Information
This information hub, located at the Welcome Tent on the Chapel Quad, offered name tags, revised schedules, commemorative issues of the Cardigan Chronicle, and other resources between 7:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Six meetup areas offered seating and light refreshments between 7:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Guests met there to rendezvous with friends, to review History's Mysteries from their era, and to relax and reminisce.
- Alumni 1947–1969: Powers Room in Cardigan Commons
- Alumni 1970–1989: Kirk Library in Stoddard Center
- Alumni 1990–2009: Porch at Clark-Morgan Hall
- Alumni 2010–2022: Welcome Tent at the Chapel Quad
- Cardigan Families: Kenerson Center
- Trustees and Incorporators: Frieze House
Cardigan School Store
Cardigan offered Cougar gear and commemorative items at a popup shop located outside on the Commons Loop near Marrion Field from 10:15 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. The Pfeffer-Beach Family School Store opened in the lower level of Cardigan Commons between 1:30–3:30 p.m., offering a full selection of Cardigan items.
Cardigan “Yard Sale”
Guests had a special opportunity to select Cardigan swag from the Peck Room at the Cardigan Commons between 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. The Student Senate’s “for sale by donation” service initiative offered discontinued, limited-quantity, and limited-sizing items to visitors, with all proceeds earmarked to benefit the Nashua Children’s Home.
75th Celebration Program
Early Bird Activities
- 6:45 a.m. Polar Bear Plunge with Al Gray H’12 P’14,’16 and Jim Burnett P’95, GP’25; at the Waterfront
- 8:30 a.m.–9:30 a.m. Family Weekend Show and Annual Auction viewing areas in Wallach, Commons, and online (alumni and guests welcome)
- 9:40–10:00 a.m. Wallach Dedication at the Wallach Patio
- Chris Day P’12,’13, Head of School (Welcome and Remarks)
- Karl Hutter ’92, Trustee (Keynote)
- Cheryl Borek P’10,’12,’15, Director of Spiritual Life (Blessing)
Morning Activity Options
- Beginning at 10:15 a.m.
- Lawn Games with Wim Hart H’08 and guests, near Clark-Morgan steps
- Campus Tour with current student tour guides, departing from Victory Bell
- Mt. Cardigan Climb with Robert Chartener ’73, Jim Burnett P’95, GP’25 and Gus Means, departing from Frieze parking (boxed lunch for pre-registered guests, returning before 1:30p.m.)
- Beginning at 10:30 a.m.
- Laughter and Learning with Kris Burnett P’95,GP ’25 and guests; in Kirk Library
- Cardigan, Hands On with Chris Morse and Susan Rives H’09, in Wallach
- Soccer Games 3rds & 4ths vs. Hanover, on the Back 40 Fields
- Family Fun Run with the cross-country team, departing from Chapel steps
- Family Fun Ride & Exhibition with the mountain biking team, departing from the Snow and Bike Center
- Sailing Exhibition at the Waterfront
- Rock Climbing Exhibition off-campus
- Beginning at 11:00 a.m.
- Screening: Cardigan on Film in Humann Theatre
- Soccer Game JV vs. Hanover JV2, on Campbell Field
- Football Game JV vs. Mascoma, on Marrion Field
Food Truck Picnic
- 11:30 a.m.–2:30 p.m. Up In Your Grill & Up Street Food Trucks serving from the Commons Loop (surplus food was donated to the Nashua Children’s Home, a charitable partner of Up In Your Grill)
Afternoon Activity Options
- Beginning at 12:30 p.m.
- Lawn Games with Eddie H’06 and Fe Ramos P’91,’97
- Beginning at 1:00 p.m.
- Football Game Varsity vs. Exeter, on Marrion Field
- Spirit Squad with Dan Murphy and guests; on Marrion sidelines
- Pontoon Boat Lake Tours with Kyla Joslin, departing from the Waterfront
- Beginning at 2:00 p.m.
- Ceremonial Coin Toss Formal opening of Campbell Field
- Soccer Game Varsity vs. Holderness, on Campbell Field
- Beginning at 2:30 p.m.
- Screening: Cardigan on Film in Humann Theatre
- Beginning at 3:15 p.m.
- Trustee Meeting for current board members, in the Wallach Art Room
- Beginning at 3:30 p.m.
- Grades & Comments Band Rehearsal with Wim Hart H’08 and past band members
- 5:00 pm.– 6:00 p.m. - Cocktail Hour, music by Grades and Comments
- 6:00 p.m.–7:30 p.m. - Dinner and Remarks
- David Gregory P’18, Board Chair (Welcome and Introductions)
- Jer Shipman ’00, Director of Alumni Relations (Alumni Acknowledgments)
- Ed Krayer ’82, Trustee (Keynote: "A Cardigan Experience")
- Chris Day P’12,’13, Head of School (Keynote: "The View Forward")
- Kim Kenly ’68, Trustee and 75th Anniversary Committee Chair (A Toast to Cardigan)
- 7:30 p.m.–10:00 p.m. - Live Music and Dancing, music by Cable Junction Band
Courtesy shuttles drove a loop between Cardigan and Hanover/Lebanon:
• 6:30–9:00 a.m. Morning shuttles departed from Hanover Inn/Fireside Inn & Suites, and transported guests from campus parking lots to the Chapel Quad
• 7:30–10:00 p.m. Evening shuttles departed from the Chapel Quad,, and transported guests from the Chapel Quad to campus parking lots
Shuttle stops included the following locations:
- Hanover Inn (Hanover)
- Courtyard by Marriott (Lebanon)
- Fireside Inn & Suites (West Lebanon)
- Chapel Quad (Canaan)