Student-Athlete of the Week
Athletics Alumni Wall of Fame
As a talented student-athlete at Cardigan, you will benefit from:
- A community of students, faculty, and staff who care about, help, and support each other with understanding, kindness, and compassion.
- The in-season focus and feel of a "ski academy," coupled with high scholastic standards and an academic support system to help you achieve success.
- A residential environment that will allow you to grow as an individual and become an integral member of a very special community.
- A high-quality, competitive, and successful on-snow athletic program in the heart of New England ski country. Cardigan has access to over a dozen ski areas within an hour of campus.
- A knowledgeable and experienced coaching staff that will provide individualized instruction tailored to your strengths and specific needs, in order to help you develop and achieve your goals as a snow sports athlete.
|CMS Rider Ryan Grady Tests New Airbag|
Check out the story [here].
|Alpine Skiers Fare Well on Wednesday|
Thanks to Coach Nevins for submitting this recap!
Last Wednesday, the CMS Alpine team competed at Proctor Academy for a regular-season Lakes Region race against five other schools (Berwick Academy, Vermont Academy, Proctor Academy, KUA, and Dublin School). This week was slalom, and the boys were poised and ready to crush all that stood in their way. After a good week of slalom (“SL”) training under their belts, they knew they had a good chance to win. And both varsity and JV did just that.
The JV team continues their two-year-long winning streak. The team was led by Nolan Feeley ’15, who crushed the competition by almost 10 seconds. Also scoring for the team were Gerardo Cruz ’13 in third place, Jackson Freidberg ’13 in fourth place, and Francisco Fernandez ’13 in fifth position.
Cardigan's On-Snow Facilities
|Cardigan skiers and boarders take advantage of our fully equipped, on-campus athletic training facility for dry-land training beginning in the fall. At our disposal for skier development is a mountain training facility, also used by highly competitive college programs, that features full-length slalom, giant slalom, and Super G courses. For our snowboarders, our training facility includes quarter and half pipes, rainbow rail, gap jump, 50-foot rails, and butter boxes.|
Athlete Development at Cardigan
|Cardigan skiers and boarders practice and learn from:
- Preseason dry-land training for speed, flexibility, power, and strength.
- Up-to-date progressions for on-snow technical development.
- Tactical skill development.
- Mental preparation skills.
- Motivational techniques.
- Video analysis of on-snow performance.
Alpine Ski Trip at Beaver Creek
The Coaching Staff at Cardigan
|Cardigan skiers and boarders learn from highly experienced and motivated coaches who:
- Have competed in multiple World Cup and Olympic events.
- Offer over three decades of collective national and international coaching experience.
- Care about the development, success, and well-being of their student-athletes both on and off the mountain.
If you are interested in learning more about how Cardigan can help you develop as a student, a snow sports athlete, and a community citizen, please contact: